Welcome to North Douglas Betterment!
We are a nonprofit organization consisting of a group of dedicated volunteers who are interested in contributing to the quality of life in North Douglas County.
Background: There are about six thousand residents located in the area defined by the Elkton, Drain and Yoncalla School Districts. The population distribution is roughly 200 Elkton and 1000 each in Drain and Yoncalla. The remaining 4000 are, for the most part, dispersed in the rural area. We believe that a directed effort by everyone can make a positive difference within our area and that the NDB organization can help provide the framework for that effort.
Our organization was initially formed to obtain 501(c)(3) tax status to assist fundraising and planning for the annual North Douglas July 4 Celebration that has been held every July 4th for the past 15 years. Since then we have expanded to include the following projects:
- Established a Dial-a-Ride service for the North County area.
- Helped establish the Yoncalla Community Garden
- Obtained funding for the Yoncalla Elementary School greenhouse.
- Purchased the Methodist Church located in Birch Street in Yoncalla with the goal of continuing its service to the community. NOTE: The church was sold to the Yoncalla Christian Assembly in June, 2015.
- In May, 2012 NDB acquired the 80 acre Yoncalla Log Pond and is facilitating development planning to determine the best use to benefit the Community.
More details about us and these projects can be found by selecting the menu tabs on the left side of the screen. We believe that there is the need and the potential to contribute much more toward the betterment of North Douglas County and we welcome your ideas and assistance.
Together we can do better.